Last Revised: July 2016
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse the site.
1. Personal Information You Choose To Provide
You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you purchase Copyblogger products and services, register for forum support, or register for email newsletters and alerts.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
2. Website Use Information
Similar to other commercial websites, this site utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and Web server logs to collect information about how this site is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at this site, and the websites visited just before and just after our site. We, our advertisers and ad serving companies may also use small technology or pieces of code to determine which advertisements and promotions users have seen and how users responded to them.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to this website, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. You may notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, improve and promote our products and services;
- Provide and deliver the information, products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, surveys, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Company and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions, and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
What Are Cookies?
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The information we collect is used to improve the content of this site and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. That being said, your information could be shared under the following circumstances:
- We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, these third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with those business activities.
- As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions.
- We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- When you participate in the interactive areas of our Services, certain information you provide may be displayed to other users, such as your name, photo, comments and other information you choose to provide;
- If it becomes necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- Sometimes, we partner with other companies to engage in certain co-branded promotions. When you opt in to receiving these promotions, we share your personal information with the company named in the promotion.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Third Party Actions
We do not control and are not liable for the actions of any third parties who we may promote. We pride ourselves in working with quality companies, but have no control over the actions of those third parties. While we are not liable for any of the actions of those third parties, you should feel free to give us feedback from time to time on your experiences with any third parties to whom we work with so that we may enhance our future service to all customers.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to this website, new services, and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in each such email.
How Do We Secure Information Transmissions?
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on this site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 128 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URLs that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, our site, the users of our site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our site, us, or third parties.
What About Other Websites Linked to This Site?
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
We take Children’s Privacy very seriously. Our Terms & Conditions only allow this web site to be accessed by persons eighteen (18) years or older. Due to the age restrictions of this web site, none of the information obtained by this web site falls within the Child Online Privacy Act (COPA). However, if your minor child has provided us with personally identifiable information, you may contact us at the phone number or mailing address listed in the Contacting Us Section herein if you want this information deleted from our records. We will then make reasonable efforts to remove your child’s information from the database that stores the information.
If you need to contact us, you can email us at email@example.com, call us at (323) 545-6730, or send us a letter at: P.O. Box 56212, Sherman Oaks, CA 91413.